One of the most useful Android features is the smart lock, and sometimes this feature of smart lock android not working happens. Since most Android devices already have this feature, there is no need to install any additional programs. Users must remove any lock screen software users do not require. It is possible to remedy the smart lock android not working, which we will show users today. Unlocking the phone is a breeze, thanks to the intelligent lock function.
Users must address the issue with the smartphone’s smart lock if users can use it. How to repair the case of the smart lock android not working will be explained. My phone can be unlocked using this feature’s built-in security. Using the smart lock function is quite convenient since it eliminates the need to enter a pattern, PIN or password every time users want to access the device. However, if the smart lock android not working as expected, this post will show users how to get it to work again.
What Could Be Wrong With The Smart Lock Android Not Working?
Once users add trusted locations to the Android device, users can find that the smart lock android not working correctly. Three common causes have been listed here.
- Trusted Places’ location accuracy
- It is also possible to use a Google account on many devices.
- Optimization of the Play Service
Fixing Smart Lock Android Not Working In Various Steps
This section is all about how to repair smart locks quickly if they are not functioning in the Android phone’s trusted locations. Let us now begin.
Step – 1: Smart Lock Android Not Working Can Be Removed & Re-enabled In One Of Two Ways
In some instances, the Android smart lock android not working at home since it assumes users are not in a trusted location. The simplest solution is to do a reset.
- Open “Settings” and seek “Lock screen”.
- Step 2: Select “Trusted Places” from the drop-down menu under “Smart Lock.”
- Remove all of the places that have been added as trustworthy locations.
- The last step is to re-add the sites users trust.
Step – 2: Enable Google Play Location Permissions
- Select “Apps” from the “Settings” menu, followed by “All Apps.”
- Google Play Services and “Permissions” must be scrolled down to the bottom of the page.
- Look for the toggle button to determine whether the location has been “activated.”.
Step – 3: Updating The Location
The location may be the blame for the smart lock android not working. When a person does not update their location, they begin to add trustworthy sites to the list. Open Google Maps on any smartphone to solve the problem. Users would update one location to reflect the current location after clicking on the compass symbol in the corner.
Step – 4: Update To The Most Recent Version Of The Operating System (OS)
To use this technique, users must first ensure that the phone is connected to an active internet connection.
- Open “Settings” on the smartphone and look for “Software Update” towards the bottom of the list.
- Tap “Download updates automatically” if it is already enabled.
- The software will notify users if an update is available from the device’s server at this point.
- Install & Download the update accordingly.
Step – 5: Increase The Precision Of The Location Setting
- Go to “Settings” and hit “Connections.”.
- Turn on “High accuracy” under “Location.”
- To pinpoint the precise position, the smartphone will utilize a combination of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi & a cellular network. The Internet must be available throughout this duration.
Step – 6: Clearing Google Play’s Cache
- As a first step, go to Settings < Security < Smart Lock on the phone to deactivate all of the smart lock’s capabilities.
- Go back to “Settings” and choose Apps < All Apps < Google Play Service from the drop-down menu.
- As the last step, press “Clear Storage/Data” and then “Approve” the “Storage.”
- Restart the phone and activate all smart lock functions once users complete this step.
Step – 7: Stopping Google Location History From Being Used By Other Devices
- To begin, go to the Settings menu and choose a location.
- The second step. Pick “Google Location History” and make sure that just the current device is engaged here to select this option.
- Disable any additional devices if they are present.
Step – 8: Remove Any Other Google Accounts That Users Have
If users are enrolled on numerous Google accounts on the phone, the Smart Lock function might be perplexing as there is no option to choose which account to use.
- Open “Settings” and choose “Accounts and backup.” From there, select “manage accounts.”
- Select a non-primary account from the list of available ones, then touch on it. “Remove account” is the option users want to choose from the drop-down menu.
- Confirm the option on the screen and follow the same procedure for any other Google accounts that aren’t the main ones.
Smart lock trustworthy areas not functioning has been thoroughly explained, and all viable solutions are offered. Users can use any of the ways listed below to solve this issue. If users have trouble with smart lock android not working, UnlockGo (Android) is the most acceptable solution.
FAQs’ About Smart Lock Android Not Working
What do users know about Android Smart Lock?
Android smart locking is an option that enables users to leave the Android smartphone unlocked even while it is in a trusted location, such as the home or workplace: smart lock android not working.
When it comes to Smart Lock’s features, what can users expect?
- The device will remain unlocked as long as it is within reach (Detection of the body).
- There’s no need to input a PIN or pattern wherever users feel comfortable.
- Using a trusted Bluetooth device, such as a wristwatch, unlocks the phone for four hours.
Using Secure Areas, how can users benefit from them?
Even though the phone is unlocked, various places might serve as a haven. Once users arrive at a location users can trust, the smartphone will open itself, and it doesn’t need to be unlocked repeatedly: smart lock android not working.